To quote the Eclipse Concierge project page, "Concierge is a small-footprint implementation of the OSGi Core Specifications R3 standard optimized for mobile and embedded devices". It was initially developed by Jan S Rellermeyer. Given below is a basic guide for running concierge.
1. Get the latest concierge source from http://git.eclipse.org/c/concierge/org.eclipse.concierge.git
2. Run the ant program inside the concierge root directory to build the concierge framework bundle.
3. By default concierge runs with no shell, to run concierge with a shell you will need the shell bundle which can be downloaded along with the previous release version of concierge available here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/concierge/files/.
4. To instruct concierge to launch with a shell you will need a startup properties file. Follow the instructions here : http://concierge.sourceforge.net/properties.html.
5. Now you can run the concierge bundle you built in (2) and use the launched framework to install and run other OSGi bundles.
Here is a list of shell commands for Concierge taken from http://sourceforge.net/p/concierge/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/bundles/shell/src/main/java/ch/ethz/iks/concierge/shell/Shell.java#l495
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
It's the 10th anniversary of GSoC and as a part-time masters student I have been selected to participate in the 'Kura' project for eclipse. The project I am working on is an OSGi based project that provides a framework for running M2M applications. This will be my first time working in depth with OSGi so I have a lot of reading to do! Given below are the resources I am using:)